Skip to main content

Exit WCAG Theme

Switch to Non-ADA Website

Accessibility Options

Select Text Sizes

Select Text Color

Website Accessibility Information Close Options
Close Menu
Florida Keys Injury Florida Keys Injury
  • No Recovery No Fee
  • ~
  • Hablamos Español
  • ~
  • Call now for a free consultation

How An Attorney Can Help You After A Hit-And-Run Accident


According to Florida Statute 316.061, any motorist involved in an accident resulting in property damage is required to stop their vehicle at the accident scene, or somewhere close to the scene and fulfill the requirements of Florida Statute 316.062. Unfortunately, some motorists do not abide by the law. Some drivers do not stop at the accident scene to give information and render aid. If an accident occurs and a driver leaves the scene of the accident without giving information and rendering aid, such an accident is known as a hit-and-run accident.

Recovering compensation after a hit-and-run accident can be challenging. Fortunately, if you suffered injuries in a hit-and-run accident, you don’t have to handle the situation alone. An attorney can help you. Therefore, if you were injured by a hit-and-run driver, reach out to a skilled attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case.

How an Attorney Can Help You if You Were in a Hit-and-Run Accident

If you were injured in a hit-and-run accident, an attorney can work with law enforcement officers to find the fleeing driver. If the driver who caused your accident is found, an attorney can help you prove liability and negotiate for the compensation you deserve. Even if a driver is convicted criminally for fleeing the scene of an accident, you need to prove liability to recover compensation. An attorney can help you assemble evidence that can help you prove liability.

An attorney can also help you recover compensation in case the other driver is not found or in case they are found but have no insurance or insufficient insurance. Most drivers flee after an accident because they don’t have enough insurance coverage or any insurance.

If you were severely injured by a hit-and-run driver and the driver is never found or has insufficient insurance or no insurance, you may be able to recover compensation from your insurance company. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage, an attorney can help you file a claim with your insurance company and recover compensation. An attorney can help you gather evidence you can use to argue your case with your insurance company. Just because it is your insurance company does not mean you don’t need to prove liability on the part of the other driver. Examples of pieces of evidence that an attorney can help you gather include witness statements, video footage, medical reports, and accident scene photos.

Additionally, if you have to file a claim with your insurance company, an attorney can help you negotiate a fair deal. Just because it is your insurance company does not mean it will be willing to pay you what you deserve. Your insurance company may try to devalue or deny your claim. An attorney can help you fight the dirty tactics insurance companies use to deny or devalue claims.

Contact Us for Legal Help

If you were seriously injured in a hit-and-run accident in Florida and need help from a qualified attorney, contact our Key West & Marathon car accident attorneys at Florida Keys Injury. We can help you get the justice and compensation you deserve.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn
Skip footer and go back to main navigation